Tamarind Seer Fish Curry
- Seer Fish Fillet – 6
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 Tbsp
- Corriander powder- 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Tomatoes – 2 (grated)
- Water – 1 cup
- Tamarind paste – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Heat oil in a sauce pan. Add fennel and cumin seeds. When they start to splutter, add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, coriander, turmeric and salt, fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chilli powder and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add tamarind pulp, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add fish fillet, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with steamed rice.