Spicy Crab Masala Recipe
Here is a recipe for spicy crab masala that tastes awesome with steamed rice.
- Crab – 4 cleaned
- Onion – 1 , chopped finely
- Tomato – 2, chopped finely
- Green Chilli – 2, slit into 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- Coconut Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – 3 Tbsp , Chopped
- Curry – 2-3 sprigs
- In a pan, add some water, salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Mix well, cover and cook for a little more than a couple of minutes. Strain and set aside.
- In another pan, heat oil, add fennel and cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add green chillies, curry leaves and onions and fry to golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, remaining turmeric powder and salt.Add the stock from cooking the crab earlier well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the crabs and some more water if need be, mix well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Cook until a dry masala consistency is achieved.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.