- Pasta – 250 gms
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Onion – 1 small, finely diced
- Garlic – 3 cloves, sliced
- Red pepper flakes – a pinch
- Scampi – 250 gms, peeled
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Lemon juice – half a lemon
- Parsley – handful, chopped
- In a large pot, bring water to boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook until done and drain.
- Heat a pan, add a spoonful of oil and butter.
- Once the butter has melts, add onion, garlic and pepper flakes. Cook for a couple of minutes until onions turn transluscent.
- Add the scampi and cook couple of minutes on each side or until it turns pink. Remove the scampi and set aside.
- Add lemon juice and the remaining butter and oil.
- Add the scampi back into the pan along with the drained pasta. Toss and mix all ingredients. Garnish with parsley.