Sayadiah | Arabian Fish Dish | Arabian Version of Fish Biriyani
Sayadiah is an Arabian layered dish with fish and rice, much like the Malabar Biriyani only with different twist in flavour. With unique Arabian spices and sauces this will surely make it to the top of any fish lovers list of favourites. Here is the recipe for this dish.
- Black Pomfret fillet – 1 kg
- Harissa paste – 3 Tbsp
- Long-grained rice – 3 cups
- Potato – 2 large (sliced)
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Coriander leaves – 2 Tbsp
- Onion – 3 (finely chopped)
- Garlic cloves – 2 (crushed)
- Cardamom – 3
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Ground cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 2 (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 4 (chopped)
- Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
- Marinate fish fillet with harissa and salt, refrigerate for an hour.
- Shallow fry the fillet and set aside.
- Shallow fry the potato slices and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add cardamom, green chilli, garlic and onions. Saute till light brown.
- Add turmeric, cumin powder and tomatoes and saute.
- Add salt to taste and very little water(if needed) and bring it to a thick saucy consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice with salt separately, drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, begin to layer the rice, fried fish, potato slices and sauce one after he other until all the ingredients are over.
- Finally garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.