Prawn Salad With Mandarin & Fennel
- Prawns – 500 gms (de-shelled & de-veined)
- Mandarins – 3 Nos (Zest, juice and segments)
- Baby spinach – 100 gms
- Fennel bulb – 1, thinly sliced
- Onion – 1/2, thinly sliced
- Cucumber – 1/2. thinly sliced
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tsp
- Honey – 2 tsp
- Red Wine Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
- Olive Oil – 4 Tbsp
- In a bowl, whisk together honey, vinegar and mustard.
- Drizzle in the 3 table spoons of oil while whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper after the mixture has been well blended.
- Heat a pan on medium high and add the remaining oil.
- Add the prawns and mandarin zest. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the juice from the mandarin and glaze the prawns. Set aside.
- In a bowl toss together fennel, onions, cucumber, spinach and mandarin segments along with salad dressing until well coated.
- Season to taste and pile portions into individual salad plates.
- Top the salad with cooked prawns. Drizzle some extra dressing and serve.