Lobster Masala Recipe
This lobster masala recipe is sure to take your weekend culinary indulgence to a new high.
- Lobster tail/ Whole lobster – 2
- Onion – 2 Nos, sliced
- Tomatoes – 3, chopped
- Ginger-Garlic paste – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 Tbsp
- Curry leaves – 2 Tbsp
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cook lobster in boiling water with salt and turmeric for a couple of minutes. Make a cut on the lobster tails or slice the lobster if using whole.
- Heat oil in a pan and roast the lobster for a minute or two. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add more oil. Once heated, add curry leaves and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger0garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric, chilli and salt and cook for five minutes into an aromatic masala.
- Add the roasted lobsters and coriander leaves and toss for a couple of minutes so the masala coats the lobster well.
- Add some water and bring to boil. Cook until required gravy consistency is achieved.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.