Green Papaya Salad with Chilli Prawns
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 red long chilli, finely chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 kg small prawns – deveined, peeled & tail intact
- 100kg dried vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 medium sized papaya that is peeled, deseeded and grated
- 100g tomatoes that are halved
- Beansprouts – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves – 1/2 cup
- Basil Leaves – 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon – brown sugar
- Tiparo fish sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Lime juice – 2 tablespoons
Mix chilli, garlic, lime juice and oil in a bowl. Add small prawns and toss in order to coat. Cover the mix with plastic wrap and refrigerate for half hour.
Place noodles in a bowl and pour boiling water into it. Drain the water after 10 minutes. Pour cold water after that and drain.
Mix papaya, shallot, tomatoes, beanspouts, mint, basil, coriander and noodles with the ingredients necessary for dressing in a bowl.
Heat the frying pan. Ensure the heating is done over high heat. Next toss in the prawns and cook until they turn pink
Place the prawns mix over the papaya mix and you are ready to eat.